Admission Procedure & Requirements
Applications are accepted from July to September for Fall Intake and for Spring Intake , the admissions are open from January to February.
If you would like to apply with us , we need the following documents :
Document Checklist (For Omani Students):
- Completed OTC Admission form
- Letter from sponsor if sponsored by any organization including government ministries
- Four passport size colour photographs
- Copy of National ID card or Passport
- Original copies of all qualifying educational certificates including secondary school certificate and transcripts/marks
- Module descriptors and transcripts stamped by the original college/university if applying for APL credits.
Document Checklist ( International Students for applying for Visa )
- Original and Copies of Passport
- Photographs(6 nos)
- No Objection Letter from parents attested from Concerned Embassy
- No Objection Letter from previous sponsor with Commercial Registration with Signing Authorities signature
- Medical Report
- Visa Processing Fees
- Letter from Ministry of Higher Education ( This is issued by MoHE on college request after completing the admissions procedure)
Admission to the BSc (Hons) and Diploma programmes is open to Omani and non-Omani students who meet the entry requirements.We have divided the entry requirements into the following:
According to the regulations of Ministry of Higher Education, all entrants to higher education programmes students must hold a secondary school leaving certificate i.e. a minimum of 12 years of schooling.
Students normally register on the College's Foundation programme which they must successfully complete before they can proceed to the Bachelors or Diploma Programmes. Applicants with an IELTS score of 6 or TOEFL equivalent will be allowed to proceed directly to the Bachelors or Diploma programmes.
Applicants who have completed their education in schooling systems where English language is the medium of instruction and assessment may also qualify for direct admission. Such applicants may be required to take the Colleges' placement test and interview in order to confirm English language ability. Those who have successfully completed an equivalent Foundation programme from another higher education institution may be allowed to register directly on the BSc/ Diploma programmes.
NON - STANDARD REQUIREMENTS
Mature applicants who have relevant work experience but have not completed 12 years of secondary schooling may be considered for admission only on the approval of the Ministry of Higher education. If approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, non-standard students must complete the Foundation programme or show appropriate evidence of English Language proficiency.
ACCREDITATION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Applicants who provide evidence of having successfully completed relevant academic programmes in other institutions may be given exemption (Accreditation of Prior Learning or APL). The modules or programme completed will be considered only if they are equivalent to those offered by the College in terms of outcomes and level.
APL exemption may involve assessment to establish if appropriate prior learning, either certificated, or experiential, or in combination, has been acquired to justify the exemption. APL is not automatic and requires careful evaluation and assessment.
For further details, please contact : 24512304/24512305