Call For Public Submissions
The Oman Academic Accreditation Authority (OAAA) has convened an Institutional Standards Assessment (ISA) Panel to undertake a Standards Assessment of Oman Tourism College. All Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Oman undergo Standards Assessment as the second stage of the national institutional accreditation system. The ISA determines the HEI’s ability to meet OAAA internationally benchmarked external standards and criteria applicable to its context. The standards are available on the OAAA website (www.oaaa.gov.om). The ISA involves a comprehensive self-assessment by the institution resulting in an Institutional Standards Assessment Application (ISAA), followed by an external review by an ISA Panel. The process results in publication on the OAAA website of ratings against standards and criteria and the publication of the Accreditation Outcome.
As part of its deliberations, the ISA Panel invites submissions from interested persons. Submissions may cover any issue relevant to the ISA. A submission will be accepted by the ISA Panel only under the following conditions:
- It must be sent by email to Ms. Sumaiya Al Amri (email@example.com) by no later than 31 January 2019.
- It must include the name, position, organisation (HEI, workplace, etc.) and contact details of the person/s making the submission. This information is treated in confidence. Anonymous submissions will not be considered by the ISA Panel under any circumstances.
- The person/s making the submission must be willing to participate in a telephone interview should the ISA Panel consider such a discussion to be necessary.
- The submission should address aspects of the Oman Tourism College’s activities that will assist the ISA Panel in forming conclusions about whether standards have been Met. It should contain specific evidence for any claims being made. Vague statements or allegations will not be pursued by the ISA Panel.
- The submission should not refer to personal grievances or single out individual members of staff (the ISA Panel has no mandate to address grievances).
- The submission (excluding any particular corroborating evidence) should be no more than 1,000 words (two sides of an A4 page in length).
All submissions are confidential in the sense that the ISA Panel needs to be able to use the information provided in submissions, but will not reveal their source.
If the ISA Panel chooses to investigate a public submission, it is only as part of the overall ISA, and not in terms of the details of a particular complaint. The ISA Panel will not make any response or report to the person/s making the submission. Staff and students of Oman Tourism College may wish to contact Dr Steve Burns-Director Academic Quality Assurance and Enhancement for further information about the preparations of the College. For more general enquiries about OAAA or ISA, contact Dr Tess Goodliffe, ISA Review Director on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.oaaa.gov.om